Student-Athlete Advisory Committee 2013-2014
President: Lindsay Kostrzewa
Vice President: Grace Leutheuser
Secretary: Sydney Lenhart
Treasurer: Megan Smith
Student Affairs: Lincoln Reed
Faculty Advisor: Nicole Walbright
Hillsdale College’s SAAC Mission:
The Hillsdale College Student-Athlete Advisory Committee’s mission is to enhance the student-athlete experience by creating opportunities to give back to a supportive community and reward academic success. SAAC gives athletes a voice in the NCAA. Members represent their teams in fundraising and donating their time to philanthropies while supporting each other. SAAC members promote a positive image for what it means to be a Division II athlete.
- Have one member of each team represented at every SAAC meeting
- Provide a “Sport Short” each meeting to update members on each team’s progress and successes
- Log at least one hour of community service per member
- Have each team represented at every SAAC event, athletic season permitting
Summary of this year’s events:
- Volunteer Work
- As a whole SAAC volunteered at King’s Kupboard, a local food pantry, on Sundays for an hour throughout the year.
- Individual teams also sponsored
months of volunteer work including the following:
- September: Women’s
- 6 hours at King’s Kupboard
- October: Swimming
- November: Tennis
- 20 hours at the Free Methodist Children’s Club
- February: Volleyball
- Hillsdale Reading Program
- 24 hours at Gier Elementary School
- September: Women’s Basketball
- Week of Wishes, October 4-15
- Evening of Academic Excellence, January 25
- Recognized student-athletes who earned a 3.5 GPA or higher during the Fall of 2013 during halftime of a Men’s Basketball game
- Held first SAAC silent auction with items from local businesses and Charger athletic programs.
- Raised $923 for breast cancer research
- National Student-Athlete Day,
- Gave out free pizza to student-athletes during a Charger softball game
- Raised $35 from a bake sale for Make-A-Wish
- Athlete Formal, April 29
- Our annual fundraiser was successful, raising $347 for Make-A-Wish.
To find out more information about SAAC, or to join, please contact tennis coach Nikki Walbright at (517) 607-3168, or email her at email@example.com.